From flavour to function, the RTD category is growing as consumer demand for convenience is growing at an ever-increasing pace.
Driven by factors such as wellness, cocktail culture, quality ingredients, premiumization, daytime and outdoor consumption RTDs have evolved to capture key consumption trends.
While currently the top three markets make up over 70% of global RTD volumes, emerging markets are quickly scaling up to keep pace as younger generations demand on-the-go products that don’t compromise on taste.
This study assesses the current and future evolution of the dynamic RTD category, leveraging IWSR’s on-the-ground insights and new consumer field research. This study covers premix cocktails, long drinks, FABs (Flavoured Alcoholic Beverages) and hard seltzers.
This study will help you identify:
- Growth and impact of RTDs by leading and emerging markets.
- Consumer attitudes on RTDs versus other categories and frequency and occasion of consumption.
- Key brand innovation, flavours and functional factors (low-ABV, low-sugar, organic, etc.) of RTDs and how these vary by market including packaging.
- Impact of soft drinks on defining and influencing RTDs and examples of the hybridisation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Case studies of both leading and emerging brands and what makes them successful.
- Important market dynamics on taxes and other political, environmental and economic factors.
- What currently drives consumer choice within the category and what will be the drivers of the future.
- The growth markets of the future, where brand owners should play, and key considerations based on consumer and market nuances.