From flavour to function, the RTD category, including hard seltzers, is growing as consumer demand for convenience is growing at an ever-increasing pace.
Driven by factors such as wellness, cocktail culture, quality ingredients, premiumization, daytime and outdoor consumption RTDs have undergone a dramatic transformation in recent years.
The category is now reaching a wider range of consumers and occasions than ever before. Furthermore, while top markets the USA and Japan still account for over 60% of total volumes, RTDs are gaining increasing traction in many countries with growth set to outpace that of other alcoholic drinks categories.
This study assesses the current and future evolution of the dynamic RTD category, leveraging IWSR’s on-the-ground insights and new consumer field research.
IWSR includes the following sub-categories in RTDs:
- Cocktails and Long Drinks
- Hard Coffee
- Hard Kombucha
- Hard Seltzers
- Hard Tea
- Wine Spritzers/Coolers
This longitudinal study will help you:
- Assess the likely evolution of the RTDs category across 10 crucial markets and develop your strategy in this fast-moving space.
- Distinguish the fads from the genuine trends that are here to stay.
- Identify which areas of the market are saturated and where there is white space.
- Assess changes or new trends emerging in consumer attitudes and consumption habits of RTDs
- Direct your new product development to ensure it meets consumer needs.
- Refine your channel approach and route to market plans.
- Assess performance of the top brand-owners and brands, including key success factors.